Thursday, November 25, 2010

What is an AeroMax?

The AeroMax is a very neat light sport aircraft kit from JDT Mini-Max, the people that make the Mini-Max & Hi-Max kitplanes.  The fuselage is only 14" wide and features an open cockpit design that looks like a bunch of fun.  It'll be chilly in winter but our winters are pretty mild here in SC.  I think JDT will offer a "Wide Body" version with a fully-enclosed 24" wide cockpit with clear fold-up doors.  Probably more practical, but not as unique. They also plan to offer floats and tundra-tire options for even more fun.

The construction is all wood, with the exception of the engine mount & landing gear.  I enjoy working with wood.  It's warm and natural. I've built a wooden kayak; a airplane is just like a kayak with wings, right?


(These photos show JDT's second prototype. More photos can be found here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment